Keto tuna salad with boiled eggs
- 4 oz. 110 g celery stalkcelery stalks
- 2 2 scallionscallions
- 5 oz. 150 g tuna in olive oil
- ½ ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 6 oz. 175 g Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop celery and scallions finely. Add to a medium-sized bowl together with tuna, lemon, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add eggs to a sauce pan, and add water until it covers the eggs. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5-6 minutes (soft-medium) or 8-10 minutes (hardboiled).
- Place in ice-cold water immediately when done to make the eggs easier to peel. Divide them into wedges or halves.
- Place tuna mix and eggs on a bed of romaine lettuce. Add tomatoes and drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A generous sprinkle of ground cumin, curry, or paprika can add interesting flavors to the hard-boiled eggs. But don't forget the salt and pepper!
If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can substitute a classic homemade French vinaigrette. Just whisk together 2 tablespoons red- or white-wine vinegar, a squeeze of lemon, 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard and salt & pepper to taste. Mix that with the tuna for a fresh, moist taste - without mayo!