Low carb fish taco bowl
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing before frying the fish, so the flavors have time to develop. Allow to sit at room temperature if you're going to eat immediately, otherwise keep in the refrigerator. The dressing tastes best when it's not ice cold.
- With a sharp knife or mandolin, shred or slice all vegetables finely except the avocado. Split the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out avocado pieces with a spoon and cut in slices. Place on a plate together with the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste, drizzle olive oil on top.
- Salt the fish on both sides and let sit for a few minutes. Wipe the fish dry with paper towels and rub with Tex-Mex seasoning on both sides.
- Fry the fish in oil on medium temperature for 3-4 minutes on both sides, depending on size. Lower the heat towards the end. You can also fry the fish in the oven or on the outdoor grill, using gridiron.
- Cut the fish into small pieces with two forks. Sprinkle with dressing and top with fresh cilantro.