Keto Asian beef salad
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 11 oz. 300 g ribeye steakribeye steaks
- 3 oz. 85 g cherry tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 oz. 55 g cucumber, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. (21⁄3 cups) 85 g (550 ml) lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, chopped into bite-sized piecesred onions, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- , chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g)
- Prepare the sesame mayonnaise by mixing mayo with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
- Divide all the chopped vegetables, except the scallions, between two plates.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. On high heat, sear for a minute or two on each side, and then reduce heat to medium low, cooking until beef is medium, and then transfer to a cutting board.
- Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan.
- Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds and serve with a dollop of sesame mayonnaise on the side.
In this dish, the beef is best served at medium, but you can make it well done if you prefer.
Craving a bit of variety? Try swapping in salmon or pre-cooked chicken instead of the beef.