Keto Asian beef salad
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g ribeye steakribeye steaks
- 3 oz. 75 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. 50 g cucumber
- 3 oz. 75 g lettuce
- ½ ½ red onionred onions
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (3 g) sesame seeds
- 2 2
- Prepare the sesame mayonnaise by mixing mayo with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
- Chop all vegetables for the salad, except the scallions, into bite-sized pieces. Divide between two plates.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. On high heat, sear for a minute or two on each side, and then reduce heat to medium low, cooking until beef is medium, and then transfer to a cutting board.
- Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan.
- Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds and serve with a dollop of sesame mayonnaise on the side.
Get moreStart free trial
In this dish, the beef is best served at medium, but you can make it well done if you prefer.
Craving a bit of variety? Try swapping in salmon or pre-cooked chicken instead of the beef.