Keto Cobb salad with ranch dressing
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 oz. 75 g bacon
- ½ lb 225 g rotisserie chicken, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 oz. 50 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1 avocado, slicedavocados, sliced
- 1 1 tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 5 oz. 150 g Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine mayonnaise, ranch seasoning and water. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling. Chop them roughly.
- Fry bacon in a hot, dry skillet until crispy.
- Distribute the chicken, bacon, vegetables, eggs and blue cheese on the lettuce. Season with salt and pepper, especially the eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with finely chopped chives.
The Cobb salad is named after American restaurant owner Robert Howard Cobb. There are different stories whether the salad was invented by Cobb himself or by his chef, Paul J. Posti. According to the legend, Cobb mixed together leftovers he found in the kitchen on a late night and we all know what happened afterwards — the result was so great that the salad became an instant classic.
If you’re starting with raw chicken, fry it in the bacon fat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to use different lettuces than just iceberg, including a spring mix, leafy greens, romaine, mesclun mix, and even kale.
You can swap the ranch dressing for your favorite low carb dressing or vinaigrette.