Keto Cobb salad with ranch dressing
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 oz. 75 g bacon
- ½ ½ rotisserie chickenrotisserie chickens
- 2 oz. 50 g blue cheese
- 1 1 avocadoavocados
- 1 1 tomatotomatoes
- 5 oz. 150 g iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine mayonnaise, ranch seasoning and water. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling. Chop them roughly.
- Fry bacon in a hot dry skillet until crispy. Cut grilled chicken in smaller pieces and chop up vegetables. If you're starting with raw chicken, fry it in the bacon fat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Crumble the blue cheese.
- Distribute everything on a bed of shredded or torn lettuce. Season with salt and pepper (especially the eggs).
- Drizzle with dressing and top with finely chopped chives.
The Cobb salad is named after American restaurant owner Robert Howard Cobb. There are different stories whether the salad was invented by Cobb himself or by his chef, Paul J. Posti. According to the legend, Cobb mixed together leftovers he found in the kitchen on a late night and we all know what happened afterwards - the result was so great that the salad became an instant classic.