Keto Cobb salad with ranch dressing
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 oz. 85 g bacon
- ½ lb 220 g cooked chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 oz. 55 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, slicedavocados, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 5 oz. (3 cups) 140 g (700 ml) , chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine mayonnaise, ranch seasoning and water. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling. Chop them roughly.
- Fry bacon in a hot, dry skillet until crispy.
- Distribute the chicken, bacon, vegetables, eggs and blue cheese on the lettuce. Season with salt and pepper, especially the eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with finely chopped chives.
If you’re starting with raw chicken, fry it in the bacon fat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to use different lettuces than just iceberg, including a spring mix, leafy greens, romaine, mesclun mix, and even kale.
You can swap the ranch dressing for your favorite low carb dressing or vinaigrette.