Keto western omelet
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g (150 ml) shredded cheese
- 2 oz. 60 g butter
- ½ ½ yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- ½ ½ green bell pepper, finely choppedgreen bell peppers, finely chopped
- 5 oz. 150 g smoked deli ham, diced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream/sour cream until fluffy. Add salt and pepper.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat; sauté the diced ham, onion and peppers for a few minutes. Add the egg mixture and fry until the omelet is almost firm. Be extra mindful not to burn the edges.
- Reduce the heat after a little while. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and fold the omelet.
- Serve immediately... and enjoy!
Pair with a fresh, green salad. If you like to keep it spicy, serve with Tabasco or Sriracha sauce, or jalepenos on the side. Yes!