Keto baked eggs
- 3 oz. 85 g cooked ground beef or ground turkey or ground pork, use left-overs or cook it any way you like. You can also use this recipe.
- 1¼ oz. (21⁄3 tbsp) 33 g (32 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- salt to taste if missing in Tex-Mex seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange cooked ground-beef mixture in a small baking dish and sprinkle over the Tex-Mex seasoning followed by the crushed tomatoes. Add salt if needed. Mix well.
- Then make two indentations with a spoon and crack the eggs into them.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the eggs are done, about 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool for a while. The eggs and ground meat get very hot!
This is a perfect recipe for that leftover hamburger that you weren’t quite sure what to do with. Multiply the recipe by the number of people and you’ll have dinner for the whole family.
Pair it with a crisp, crunchy, green salad with fresh herbs and avocado. Or try it with this scrumptious homemade mayonnaise (made without soybean oil and additives).
Great tip! So glad you enjoyed it!
Hi, Julie! This would be hard to determine due to different amounts in different brands. However, you may be able to calculate it yourself using your labels. Most people following keto and low-carb diets usually find that they aren't getting enough sodium. Our salt guide may be helpful for you! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/salt-guide
This article should be helpful for you! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/gain-weight
The 5g is the number of net carbs per serving. The macro breakdown is now a DD+ benefit. You can sign up for our free trial if you'd like to access it! https://www.dietdoctor.com/new-member