- 1½ lbs 700 g ground beef
- ½ can ½ can crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz. 56 g pickled jalapeños
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded cheese, for example Monterey Jack
- 1 cup 240 ml sour cream
- 1 1 scallion, finely choppedscallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons butter
- guacamole (optional)
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 – 2 teaspoons 1 – 2 teaspoons onion powder or garlic powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
Nutrition74% Fat23% Protein3% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the ground beef in butter, and add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- Place the ground-beef mix in a baking dish with jalapenos and cheese on top. Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Chop the chives finely and mix in with the sour cream.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and a green salad.