Stuffed peppers with ground beef and cheese
- 1 oz. 30 g butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 4 4 green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 20 oz. 600 g ground beef
- 2 tsp 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground cumin
- 7 oz. 200 g crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- ½ lb 225 g (475 ml) shredded cheese
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream or mayonnaise
- 4 oz. 110 g leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the peppers in half, discard the seeds and place the peppers in a greased baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the peppers and place them in the oven while you are preparing the filling. If you prefer a crunchier pepper, you can skip this and just bake them after you've filled them.
- Chop onion and garlic finely.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add the finely chopped onions and garlic and fry until soft. Add ground beef.
- Fry for 5 minutes or more, and add chili, cumin, salt and pepper and then the crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Stuff the peppers with ground-beef mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven.
- Bake in oven for another 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some leafy greens.