Keto salami and cheese chips
Craving a crunchy, low carb snack? We’ve got one that only takes a few minutes to prepare. Salami & cheese is quite possibly the best combination EVER! Pop this goodness in the oven and before you know it, you’ll be crunching away! #LowCarbMmmmm
- 4 oz. 110 g salami, about 5 slices per serving
- 1 cup (2¾ oz.) 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C), or set your oven to broil (high heat).
- Place the salami slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow some space between the slices.
- Place a mound of shredded cheese on top of every slice, about 1–2 tablespoons. Sprinkle paprika powder or dry herbs on top for additional flavors.
- Place in the oven; bake until the cheese turns bubbly and golden brown. Check often so they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, the chips are crunchy and ready to be enjoyed!
You can click the Nutrition + tab under the list of ingredients.
Grated and shredded is the same...
It can be hard to keep them crisp but most people have luck in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.
For crisp ones I imagine the salami should be very thin sliced (the same way you would slice a potato very thin in order to make a chip since slicing a potato on the thicker side would not yield a crisp "chip") and I would use the shredded, spread out well all over the salami (not piled up high on the salami).
Planning on making these this way tonight if I can get back out to the store. If I do, I'll log my results on crispiness.
Ours never get to the ‘how do you store these’ stage though, so can’t contribute on how to prevent sogginess.
Sounds great! Keep in mind that certain additions can increase the carb count.
Not necessarily! It could just be the way different ovens cook differently.