Keto garlic bread
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) almond flour
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp (40 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup 225 ml boiling water
- 3 3 egg whiteegg whites
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't overmix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Form with moist hands into 10 pieces and roll into hot dog buns. Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 40-50 minutes, they're done when you can hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Make the garlic butter while the bread is baking. Mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge.
- Take the buns out of the oven when they're done and leave to let cool. Take the garlic butter out of the fridge. When the buns are cooled, cut them in halves, using a serrated knife, and spread garlic butter on each half.
- Turn your oven up to 425°F (225°C) and bake the garlic bread for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
If you don't like almond flour or if you have an allergy, you can make this recipe with coconut flour instead. Substitute the amount of almond flour for a third as much of coconut flour and double the number of egg whites.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one. For more information, check out our low-carb baking guide.