Keto garlic bread
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) almond flour
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 3 egg whiteegg whites
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the bread, in a medium-sized bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Add the hot water, vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't overmix the dough (the consistency should resemble Play-Doh).
- Moisten hands and form the dough into 10 pieces, and then roll into hot dog buns. Place on the baking sheet, leaving space between them, as they will double in size.
- Bake on lower rack for 40-50 minutes, remove from oven, and set aside to cool (they are done when you tap on the bottom of the bun, and hear a hollow sound). While the bread is baking, prepare the garlic butter.
- Mix all of the garlic butter ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Remove the garlic butter from the fridge. Using a serrated knife, cut the cooled buns in half, and then spread the garlic butter on each half.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°F (225°C). Bake the garlic bread on the middle rack for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one.1 For more information, check out our low-carb baking guide.