- ¾ cup (2⁄3 oz.) 180 ml (19 g) dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup (1¾ oz.) 80 ml (50 g) garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup (11⁄3 oz.) 80 ml (38 g) onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried chives
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients well and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Making your own spice mixes has many benefits. There are no unwanted additives, you can adjust the flavor to your preferences, and save money!
If you prefer, blend all ingredients in a blender or spice grinder for a more powdery mix and a creamier end result when added to recipes.
Using the dry mix in recipes
Be sure to mix the dry ingredients well before measuring them into recipes as the ingredients will settle when stored.
If you love the taste of Ranch, you might enjoy trying the dry seasoning mix not only in traditional dips and dressings but also in marinades, soups, casseroles. It's perfect for seasoning veggies and sprinkling over eggs or into omelets. Let your imagination be your guide!
We have left out the salt in this spice mix to make it more versatile so you can adjust the amount of salt depending on what you pair it with.