- 1½ lbs 700 g green cabbage
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add green cabbage and sauté for a few minutes until soft and golden brown on the edges.
- Add heavy whipping cream and let the cabbage simmer until the cream is reduced. Lower the heat towards the end.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley and lemon zest before serving.
If you want to reduce your dairy consumption you can swap out the heavy whipping cream and use coconut milk or coconut cream.
Note on Gremolata
Gremolata is an Italian condiment with lemon zest, parsley, and (usually) finely chopped garlic. In this case, we have omitted the garlic, as the green cabbage and the heavy whipping cream’s sweetness are better exposed this way. But if you love garlic—go for it!