Creamed green cabbage
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Start by shredding the cabbage using a food processor or slice it thinly using a sharp knife.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the cabbage and sauté for a few minutes until soft and golden brown around the edges.
- Add heavy whipping cream and let the cabbage simmer until the cream is reduced. Lower the heat towards the end.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley and lemon zest before serving.
If you want to reduce your dairy consumption you can swap out the heavy whipping cream and use coconut milk or coconut cream.
Note on Gremolata
Gremolata is an Italian condiment with lemon zest, parsley, and (usually) finely chopped garlic. In this case, we have omitted the garlic, as the green cabbage and the heavy whipping cream's sweetness are better exposed this way. But if you love garlic—go for it!