Zucchini stands in for potatoes in this low-carb makeover of the classic summer fave, potato salad. All of the creamy flavor, and (almost) none of the carbs! Perfect for picnics and barbecues.
- 2 lbs 900 g zucchini
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (200 ml) celery stalk, finely slicedcelery stalks, finely sliced
- 2 oz. (9 tbsp) 55 g (130 ml) chopped scallionchopped scallions
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add a sprinkle of salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then cautiously press out the water.
- Fry the cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the zucchini once it's cool.
You can prepare the salad 1-2 days ahead of time; the flavors only enhance with time. For tasty variety, go ahead and add a chopped hard boiled egg! Or try this jazzed up version—our Zucchini Salad with Eggs.
Just a sprinkle will do the job. The recipe has been edited to reflect this. Thank you for letting us know it was not clear.
Sounds great! So glad you enjoyed it!
Added Bacon, onion and egg.Thanks DD.
Those additions sound great! So glad you enjoyed it!