Zucchini stands in for potatoes in this low-carb makeover of the classic summer fave, potato salad. All of the creamy flavor, and (almost) none of the carbs! Perfect for picnics and barbecues.
- 2 lbs 900 g zucchini
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g celery stalk, finely slicedcelery stalks, finely sliced
- 2 oz. 50 g chopped scallionchopped scallions
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then cautiously press out the water.
- Fry the cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the zucchini once it's cool.
You can prepare the salad 1-2 days ahead of time; the flavors only enhance with time.
For tasty variety, go ahead and add a chopped hard boiled egg! Or try this jazzed up version—our Zucchini Salad with Eggs.