Keto zucchini and walnut salad
- 1 lb (92⁄3 cups) 450 g (2.3 liters)
- 4 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 110 g (1.3 liters)
- ¼ cup 60 ml finely chopped fresh chives or
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (3½ oz.) 240 ml (100 g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Reserve the dressing to develop flavor while you make the salad.
- Trim and cut the salad. Place the Romaine, arugula and chives in a large bowl.
- Split the zucchini length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the zucchini halves crosswise into half-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, until it shimmers. Add zucchini to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until lightly browned but still firm.
- Add the cooked zucchini to the salad, and mix together.
- Roast the nuts briefly in the same pan as the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon nuts onto salad, and drizzle with salad dressing.
Let your imagination soar! This dressing pairs beautifully with other salads – or even as a refreshingly cool sauce for meat or fish. Make up extra dressing to keep on hand. The zucchini salad is super flexible too! Try it as the perfect base for hearty grilled beef, chicken or fish. It stores well for at least 5 days in the refrigerator.