Keto zucchini and walnut salad
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely mincedgarlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 lb (92⁄3 cups) 450 g (2.3 liters) Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 110 g (1.3 liters) arugula lettuce
- ¼ cup (2⁄5 oz.) 60 ml (12 g) finely chopped fresh chives or scallionscallions
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) zucchini
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (3½ oz.) 240 ml (100 g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Reserve the dressing to develop flavor while you make the salad.
- Trim and cut the salad. Place the Romaine, arugula and chives in a large bowl.
- Split the zucchini length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the zucchini halves crosswise into half-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, until it shimmers. Add zucchini to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until lightly browned but still firm.
- Add the cooked zucchini to the salad, and mix together.
- Roast the nuts briefly in the same pan as the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon nuts onto salad, and drizzle with salad dressing.
Let your imagination soar! This dressing pairs beautifully with other salads – or even as a refreshingly cool sauce for meat or fish. Make up extra dressing to keep on hand. The zucchini salad is super flexible too! Try it as the perfect base for hearty grilled beef, chicken or fish. It stores well for at least 5 days in the refrigerator.
Sorry but we don't want to promote to much "counting" that's why we only have the carbs in gram.
But If you feel that this is important to you then use the formula below to calculate, a bit complicated though. ;-)
(%PROTEIN / %CARB) * gram_CARB = gram_PROTEIN
(%FAT / %CARB) * 4/9 * gram_CARB = gram_FAT
You find the nutritional info by holding your mouse pointer at "Nutrition" at the end of the recipe.
In some recipes you can use sour cream, but they have different flavors and sour cream adds carbohydrates. You may prefer to find a recipe that doesn't call for mayo in the first place.
Thanks for another delicious recipe!!
Keep in mind that the 6 carbs are net carbs. The total carbs per serving are 12.