Whipped dairy-free low-carb (Dalgona) coffee
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp espresso instant coffee powder
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp (15 g) erythritol
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp hot, or boiled water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1½ cups 350 ml unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Ice cubes, for serving
- For the whipped topping, use either a whisk, handheld frother, or immersion blender with a whisk attachment (the whipping time will be slightly longer using the first two methods).
- Stir together the espresso powder, erythritol, and hot water in a pint-sized glass jar, or a narrow glass.
- Insert the immersion blender into the glass, and over high speed, whisk for about 3 minutes. As the dark, coffee mixture is whipped, it will double in volume and become a light brown, whipped cream.
- Fill a large glass with ice, about ⅔ full. Pour in the almond milk, vanilla extract, and mix together.
- Spoon the whipped coffee on top, and stir together just before serving.
You can replace the almond milk with coconut milk or use both. If you use dairy products, you can also use full fat milk or cream mixed with water instead of the almond milk.
Any instant coffee will work, but espresso is a bit stronger and provides more intense flavor.
The granulated sweetener helps to make the whip more stable. It will not whip well without the sweetener.