Roasted tomato salad
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g (700 ml) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml finely chopped finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Brush the tomatoes with oil to cover and sprinkle with spices.
- Cook on the grill, using a special vegetable accessory, or in the oven until the tomatoes have browned a bit.
- If using the oven, bake at 450°F (225°C) for about 15 minutes. Stir and turn the oven off, but leave the tomatoes to bake a little longer—about 10 more minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle chopped scallions on top. Drizzle with vinegar and the rest of the olive oil. Let rest so the flavors mingle; serve the salad lukewarm or cold.
Chop the tomatoes in rough pieces if you prefer a more salsa-like salad. Or, throw on some crumbled feta for extra flavor. It's a perfect side for virtually anything grilled. Summer, here we come!