Sweet, roasted cherry tomatoes, spiced just right. Sprinkled with oil, chopped scallions, and a splash of vinegar. Mmmm... tastes like summer.
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml finely chopped scallionfinely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Brush the tomatoes with oil to cover and sprinkle with spices.
- Cook on the grill, using a special vegetable accessory, or in the oven until the tomatoes have browned a bit.
- If using the oven, bake at 450°F (225°C) for about 15 minutes. Stir and turn the oven off, but leave the tomatoes to bake a little longer—about 10 more minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle chopped scallions on top. Drizzle with vinegar and the rest of the olive oil. Let rest so the flavors mingle; serve the salad lukewarm or cold.
Chop the tomatoes in rough pieces if you prefer a more salsa-like salad. Or, throw on some crumbled feta for extra flavor. It’s a perfect side for virtually anything grilled. Summer, here we come!