Coleslaw á la rainbow
- 15 oz. 425 g green cabbage
- 15 oz. 425 g red cabbage
- 1 1 yellow bell pepperyellow bell peppers
- 5 oz. 150 g Tuscan kale
- 2 oz. 50 g Slivered almonds
- ½ cup 125 ml sour cream
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a sharp knife, mandolin or food processor to slice the cabbage, bell pepper and kale as thinly as possible. Place in a large bowl, and use your hands to toss together.
- Place the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until they are fragrant, and light brown in color. Set aside in a small bowl to cool.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in the jar of a stick mixer or a blender and blitz until creamy and well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- For serving, garnish with the toasted almonds.
Add fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or cilantro to the dressing for a more flavorful salad. Garlic is also yummy.
You can store the salad in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.