Coleslaw à la rainbow
- 15 oz. 425 g
- 15 oz. (6 cups) 425 g (1.5 liters)
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 5 oz. 140 g Tuscan kale
- 2 oz. (61⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (90 ml) Slivered almonds
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (45 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a sharp knife, mandolin or food processor to slice the cabbage, bell pepper and kale as thinly as possible. Place in a large bowl, and use your hands to toss together.
- Place the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until they are fragrant, and light brown in color. Set aside in a small bowl to cool.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in the jar of a stick mixer or a blender and blitz until creamy and well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- For serving, garnish with the toasted almonds.
Add fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or cilantro to the dressing for a more flavorful salad. Garlic is also yummy.
You can store the salad in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.