Keto salmon pie
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (25 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 140 g (150 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the pie crust ingredients into a food processor bowl, fitted with a plastic pastry blade. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a fork to mix the dough.
- Fit a piece of parchment paper into a 9" (23-cm) springform pan (This makes it a cinch to remove once it’s cooked!).
- Oil your fingers or a spatula, and evenly press the dough into the base and slightly up the sides of the springform pan. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the filling ingredients together (except the salmon), and pour into the pie crust. Add the salmon and bake for 35 minutes or until the pie is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve with a salad or other vegetables.
Recommended special equipment
- Food processor
Be flexible! Feel free to swap cured, boiled or grilled salmon in for smoked salmon – just make sure you adjust salt and spices accordingly. And don't be afraid to make it ahead of time! This pie freezes well, so you can always keep one on hand for a quick midweek meal.