- 8 oz. 225 g smoked salmon
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4¼ oz. 120 g cream cheese
- 1¼ cups 300 ml shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the pie dough ingredients into a food processor fitted with a plastic pastry blade. Pulse until mixture forms a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a fork to mix the dough.
- Fit a piece of parchment paper into a 10-inch (23-cm) spring form pan. (This makes it a cinch to remove once it’s cooked.)
- Oil your fingers or a spatula, and gently press the dough into the spring form pan. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling, except the salmon, and pour that in the pie crust. Add the salmon and bake for 35 minutes or until the pie is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve with a salad or other vegetables.
Be flexible! Feel free to swap cured, boiled or grilled salmon in for smoked salmon – just make sure you adjust salt and spices accordingly. And don’t be afraid to make it ahead of time! This pie freezes well, so you can always keep one on hand for a quick midweek meal.