Keto baked salmon with lemon and butter
Place this keto platter on the table and watch the crowd go gaga for lemony salmon! And to guild the lily, there’s lemon butter too. Doing salmon right? Oh, yeah.
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs 900 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g butter, thinly & equally sliced, divided
- 1 1 lemon, sliced thinlylemons, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice, or juice from 1 lemon
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the salmon, skin-side down in the prepared baking dish. Cover the fillets with the lemon slices, and top each lemon slice, with a thin, butter slice.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 20–30 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a small saucepan until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let cool a little. Gently add some lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon butter and a side dish of your choice. See below for suggestions.
You can also use lemon zest in the butter. It’s fresh and gorgeous!
You use the juice from one fresh squeezed lemon.
No, this does not call for a whole salmon. 2lbs of salmon steaks. You can look at the recipe picture to get a better idea of the dish.
Depending on how much you add, it may affect blood sugar or insulin. Aside from that potential issue, it should be OK.
Yes, that's correct. Lemon is pretty much the only ingredient in this dish with carbohydrates.
There is a drop down menu above the list of ingredients where you can change the number of servings. When setting that to 1, it calls for 1/3 lb salmon or 150g.
You may place the butter over the lemon and the salmon.