Keto salmon with pesto and spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking dish with half of the butter, or olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the baking dish, skin-side down, and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, pesto, and parmesan cheese. Spread it over the salmon.
- Place on the middle rack and depending upon the thickness of the filet, bake for 20 - 30 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter or olive oil in a large pan, over medium heat. Saute the spinach for about 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate the spinach with the baked salmon, and enjoy!
No problem! For a dairy-free dish, skip the parmesan and sour cream, and fry the spinach in olive oil instead of butter. Also, remember that green pesto usually contains parmesan, so reach for some red pesto instead.