How much do you love both pesto and salmon? If the answer is “more than pretty much anything in the world,” then this is the recipe for you! Bonus: It’s fast, keto, and gorgeous. What more can you want?
- 1½ lbs 700 g salmon
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon green pesto or red pesto
- 2 oz. 60 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 450 g fresh spinach
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking dish with half of the butter or oil. Salt and pepper the salmon fillets and place them in the prepared baking dish, skin-side down.
- Mix mayonnaise, pesto and parmesan cheese and spread over the salmon.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the salmon is done and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, sauté the spinach in remaining butter or oil until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the oven-baked salmon.
Dairy free? No problem! For a dairy-free dish, skip the parmesan and sour cream, and fry the spinach in olive oil instead of butter. Also, remember that green pesto usually contains parmesan, so reach for some red pesto instead.