Keto salmon with pesto and spinach
How much do you love both pesto and salmon? If the answer is “more than pretty much anything in the world,” then this is the recipe for you! Bonus: It’s fast, keto, and gorgeous. What more can you want?
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp green pesto or red pesto
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb (15 cups) 450 g (3.5 liters) fresh spinach
- 1 oz. 28 g butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking dish with half of the butter, or olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the baking dish, skin-side down, and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, pesto, and parmesan cheese. Spread it over the salmon.
- Place on the middle rack and depending upon the thickness of the filet, bake for 20 - 30 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter or olive oil in a large pan, over medium heat. Saute the spinach for about 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate the spinach with the baked salmon, and enjoy!
No problem! For a dairy-free dish, skip the parmesan and sour cream, and fry the spinach in olive oil instead of butter. Also, remember that green pesto usually contains parmesan, so reach for some red pesto instead.
Great to portion up for work lunches.
I added a spoonful of cream and grated cheese to the spinach as well. SO yummy!
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!