Keto salmon burgers with mash and lemon butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless fillet, skinnedsalmon, boneless fillets, skinned
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 2 oz. (52⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (80 ml) , roughly chopped, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) fresh broccoli, cut into small florets, and the stem cut into small pieces
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°F (100°C). Set aside a food processor, and a large pot.
- Cut the salmon into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces and place into the food processor bowl. Add the egg, onion, salt, and pepper. Pulse for 30 - 45 seconds, until it becomes a coarse mixture (see Tip).
- Shape the salmon mixture into small burgers, about 3" (7.6 cm) wide,and 1/4" (.60 cm) thick.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan, over medium heat. Fry the burgers in batches for about 3 - 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover, and keep warm in the oven.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat, and add the broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, or until tender-crisp. Strain the broccoli, and discard the hot water.
- Add the broccoli, butter and parmesan cheese to a medium-sized bowl, or food processor bowl. Using an immersion blender, or food processor, blend together until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix together with electric beaters on low speed, until it becomes a light and creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the warm burgers with a dollop of fresh lemon butter, melting on top, and a side of green mash.
Try not to overmix the salmon mixture (Step 2), as this can cause the burgers to become tough. You can flavor the burgers in various ways. Try them with garlic, chili, your favorite herbs or curry powder. Why not some capers or grated parmesan cheese? The butter can also be flavored in a number of ways. We suggest trying freshly grated horseradish, it's delicious! You can always make the butter ahead, to let the flavors meld. Mmmm. Lemony goodness.