Gluten-free wrap with tuna and egg
- 8 oz. 230 g cauliflower
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 1 egg whiteegg whites
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Divide the cauliflower into smaller pieces and pulse into crumbs in a food processor.
- Add remaining wrap ingredients and mix into a smooth batter. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1⁄4" (5 mm) thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until it turns a nice golden color. Remove from the oven and turn the bread upside down directly onto another sheet of parchment paper.
- Return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into individual portions. Let cool.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling.
- Mix cottage cheese, mayonnaise, wasabi paste and chili. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely slice or shred the kohlrabi with a sharp knife or coarse grater. Distribute all of the fillings on the wraps. Fold together and enjoy!
Recommended special equipment
- Food processor
The second best thing about these wraps (taste comes first!) is that you can customize both the wrap and the filling according to your own personal preferences. So get creative and assemble a unique combination each time you serve them.
Feel free to adjust the seasoning to suit your taste—most aromatic herbs work well. Another twist would be to create a delicious green wrap by using broccoli instead of cauliflower. When it comes to the cheese, feel free to mix different varieties. Why not try a mature cheese with parmesan? Or for something more mild, go with a mix of shredded mozzarella and Monterey jack. And don't be afraid to swap the hard-boiled eggs for scrambled or fried!
Storing the dish
You can store the bread in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to one month. It’s best to thaw frozen wraps at room temperature.
Need more delicious wrap ideas? Check out our gluten-free wrap with deli roast beef and Brie cheese.