- ½ lb 225 g cauliflower
- 6 oz. 175 g shredded cheese
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 1 egg whiteegg whites
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 teaspoons 1 - 2 teaspoons ground psyllium husk powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Divide the cauliflower into smaller pieces and pulse into crumbs in a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix into a smooth batter. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the batter in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, about 1⁄4" (5 mm) thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until it turns a nice golden color. Remove from the oven and turn the bread upside down directly onto another sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake for a few more minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Let cool before filling them.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling.
- Mix cottage cheese, mayonnaise, wasabi paste and chili. , majonnäs, wasabipasta och chili. Salt and pepper.
- Finely shred the kohlrabi with a sharp knife or coarse grater. Distribute all the goodies on the wraps and enjoy!
The second best thing about these wraps (taste comes first!) is that you can customize both the wrap and the filling according to your own personal preferences. This way, you will not only get a brand new dish whenever you prepare this recipe but you will also get your creative juices flowing.
Feel free to adjust the seasoning after taste — aromatic herbs are ideal. Another twist would be to use broccoli instead of cauliflower. When it comes to the cheese, it’s great to mix different varieties, for example mature cheese with parmesan and cheddar with any semi-hard cheese. Instead of boiled eggs, you can also make fried eggs or scrambled eggs.
Storing the dish
You can store the bread in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to one month. It’s best to thaw at room temperature.
Need more delicious wrap ideas? Check out our gluten-free wrap with deli roast beef and Brie cheese.