Salmon meatballs with lemon béchamel sauce
- 2 lbs 900 g salmon
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried dill (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- 1¾ cups 425 ml heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lemon, zestlemons, zest
- Cut the fish in small pieces and put in the food processor.
- Add egg yolks, cream and spices. Process into a smooth batter.
- Shape into neat little rolls with wet hands—approximately 2 tablespoons each.
- Fry in butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- Lower the heat and fry for a few more minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut the cauliflower into big wedges and place in a large pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and add a generous pinch of salt. Lower the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until fork-tender but not mushy. Drain well.
- Serve the salmon with the freshly boiled cauliflower and a generous amount of lemon bechamel.
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Add lemon zest. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Don't have a food processor? Don't worry! Just make sure to chop the salmon into small pieces and feel free to use a hand mixer or immersion blender if you have one. Mix the ingredients well and you're good to go!