Keto fish and chips
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (60 g) dill pickle relish
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1½ lbs 650 g rutabaga
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g white fish
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 1 cup 225 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups 475 ml oil for frying
- 1 1 lemon, for serving
- Mix all ingredients for the tartar sauce. Place in the fridge while making the rest of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Peel the rutabaga and cut into thin rods. Brush the rods with oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the rods, until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the fish. Crack the eggs in a bowl and use a fork to combine.
- On a plate, mix almond flour, parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Cut the fish in bite-sized pieces, approximately 1 x 1 inch, and cover with the flour mix. Dip in beaten eggs and then cover again with flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan to 340°F–360°F (170-180°C). (Always keep a lid within reach in case the oil catches fire. Never use water on burning oil. Place the lid on the pan and remove from the heat.) You can also use a deep fryer if you have one, follow instructions for your device.
- Fry the fish for 3 minutes on each side or until the breading is golden brown and the fish is cooked through. Serve with the baked rutabaga fries and tartar sauce.