Low carb fish and chips with tartar sauce
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) finely chopped finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp curry powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs 650 g
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1¾ lbs 800 g
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 1 cup (2¾ oz.) 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml refined coconut oil
- 1 1 lemon, for servinglemons, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the tartar sauce. Place in the fridge while making the rest of the dish.
- Peel the rutabaga and cut it into thin chips. You can also use a mandolin slicer. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips, until golden brown.
- While the rutabaga is cooking, prepare the fish by cutting into pieces, approximately 2" x 1" (5 cm x 2.5 cm),
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork until yolks are broken, and eggs are combined and frothy.
- On a plate, mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- First, coat the fish pieces with the almond flour mix, then dip in the beaten eggs, and then cover again with the almond flour mix.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the fish for 3 minutes on each side or until the breading is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with the baked rutabaga fries and tartar sauce.