Fish with vegetables baked in foil
Unwrap this bundle, and behold the perfectly cooked and seasoned fish with vegetables nestling inside. Juicy, saucy, and garlicy? Check. Colorful? Oh, yeah. Succulent and fabulous? Absolutely.
- 2 lbs 900 g white fish fillet filetswhite fish fillets filets
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leek, thinly slicedleeks, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, halved and quarteredyellow onions, halved and quartered
- 2 2 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (240 g) red bell pepper, roughly choppedred bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 1 fresh fennel, sliced or pointed cabbage, sliced
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrot, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slicescarrots, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slices
- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (130 ml) pitted olives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 1 1 lime, slicedlimes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml white wine
- 3 oz. (6 tbsp) 85 g (90 ml) unsalted butter, thin slices or olive oil
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a roasting pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure there’s enough material for folding and sealing the top of it.
- Divide the fish into serving-sized pieces and place in the roasting pan.
- Surround the fish with the vegetables, olives, herbs, and lime slices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the wine over the mixture and place the butter slices on top, or drizzle with oil.
- Fold the foil to form as tight a seal as possible. Cover the seam with an extra piece of foil, and tightly fold at the joints. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and a minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve a generous dollop on top of the baked fish and vegetables.
All the best Jan
/ Inger Swanberg
Team Diet Doctor
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!