Fish with vegetables baked in foil
- 2 lbs 900 g filets filets
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leek, thinly slicedleeks, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , halved and quartered, halved and quartered
- 2 2 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (240 g) , roughly chopped, roughly chopped
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 1 fresh fennel, sliced or , sliced
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrot, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slicescarrots, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slices
- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (130 ml) pitted olives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 1 1 lime, slicedlimes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml white wine
- 3 oz. (6 tbsp) 85 g (90 ml) unsalted butter, thin slices or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a roasting pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure there’s enough material for folding and sealing the top of it.
- Divide the fish into serving-sized pieces and place in the roasting pan.
- Surround the fish with the vegetables, olives, herbs, and lime slices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the wine over the mixture and place the butter slices on top, or drizzle with oil.
- Fold the foil to form as tight a seal as possible. Cover the seam with an extra piece of foil, and tightly fold at the joints. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and a minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve a generous dollop on top of the baked fish and vegetables.