Fish with vegetables baked in foil
Unwrap this bundle, and behold the perfectly cooked and seasoned fish with vegetables nestling inside. Juicy, saucy, and garlicy? Check. Colorful? Oh, yeah. Succulent and fabulous? Absolutely.
- 2 lbs 900 g filets
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leek, thinly slicedleeks, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , halved and quartered, halved and quartered
- 2 2 garlic clove, thinly slicedgarlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (10 oz.) 2 (280 g) , roughly chopped, roughly chopped
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 1 fresh fennel, sliced or , sliced
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrot, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slicescarrots, sliced lengthwise, into 1" (2.5cm) slices
- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (130 ml) pitted olives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 1 1 lime, slicedlimes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml white wine
- 3 oz. (6 tbsp) 85 g (90 ml) unsalted butter, thin slices or olive oil
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a roasting pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure there’s enough material for folding and sealing the top of it.
- Cut the fish into serving-sized pieces and place in a roasting pan.
- Surround the fish with the vegetables, olives, herbs, and lime slices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the wine over the mixture, and place the butter slices on top, or drizzle with oil.
- Fold the foil to form as tight a seal as possible. Cover the seam with an extra piece of foil, and tightly fold at the joints. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and a minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve a generous dollop on top of the baked fish and vegetables.