Keto chili salmon with tomato and asparagus
- 1¼ lbs 550 g salmon in portion pieces
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sambal oelek or chili paste
- 1¼ lbs 550 g green asparagus
- 5 oz. 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp almonds, flaked or chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- Start with melting butter over medium heat. Heat until it gets a nutty scent and turns a nice toasty-brown color. Stir occasionally and make sure it doesn't burn. Set aside but keep warm.
- Brush or thinly spread sambal oelek (or chili paste) all over the salmon. If you're using chili paste, dilute with water or oil, so it doesn't overpower the dish. Salt generously.
- Fry for a few minutes on each side in a hot and spacious pan with a little olive oil.
- Cut the asparagus into 3-4 pieces and slice the tomatoes in half. Fry for a few minutes in a pan with a little oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of vegetables with a few sprigs of any fresh herb, freshly roasted almonds and a splash of browned butter.
56-60°C (130-140°F) degrees is just the right internal temperature if you want to have the salmon juicy yet a bit more rare on the inside. (Note that the USDA recommends 145°F as a safe internal temperature for fish.)
For best results, the fish should be room temperature when you begin cooking it.
When you're browning the butter, try using a pan with a light-colored bottom so you can keep track of the color easily.