Keto tuna salad with poached eggs
- 4 oz. 110 g tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄3 cup (1¼ oz.) 80 ml (35 g) chopped celery stalkchopped celery stalks
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onionred onions
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens or lettuce
- 2 oz. 55 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar or white vinegar 5%
- Mix the drained tuna with the other ingredients for the salad, except for the lettuce and tomatoes. You can make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of days, this allows the flavors to really develop.
- Bring water to a light boil. Add salt and vinegar. Stir the water in circles to create a swirl using a spoon. Crack the egg into the moving water, one at a time.
- Let simmer for 3 minutes and remove from the water using a slotted spoon.
- Serve the salad and eggs with your choice of fresh greens and some tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil on top before serving.
Do you think that poaching eggs sounds too complicated? Feel free to replace them with boiled eggs. Boil the eggs for 7 minutes and then cool them off in cold water before peeling them.