Keto tuna salad with poached eggs
- 5 oz. 140 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup (1¼ oz.) 80 ml (35 g) celery stalk, finely choppedcelery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, finely choppedred onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar or white vinegar 5%
- 2 oz. 55 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients for the tuna salad in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring water to a light boil. Add salt and vinegar. Stir the water in circles to create a swirl using a spoon. Crack the egg into the moving water, one at a time.
- Let the eggs simmer for 3 minutes and remove them from the water using a slotted spoon.
- Serve the tuna salad and eggs with your choice of leafy greens and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt before serving.
Does poaching eggs sound too complicated? Feel free to replace them with hard-boiled eggs. Boil eggs for 7 minutes and then cool them off in an ice water bath for 5 minutes before peeling. You can make the tuna salad ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, this saves time and also allows for the flavors to develop.