Grilled eggplant salad
Yes you can make this salad and call it a meal. Gorgeous presentation. Gorgeous flavor. Gorgeous balance. "Just Eat Real Food" just got more gorgeous!
- 2 lbs 900 g eggplant
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil, for brushing the eggplant
- ½ cup 125 ml olive oil, for the dressing
- ½ ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves (optional)
- 7 oz. 200 g tomatotomatoes
- 2 oz. 50 g anchovies or one can of tuna in olive oil
- 5 oz. 150 g fresh mozzarella cheese, drained
- ¼ cup 60 ml fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and brush with olive oil on both sides. Season with salt.
- Grill for five minutes or more on each side until the slices have turned a nice color and are really soft. Turn a few times. You can also roast the eggplants in the oven using the broiler. Turn halfway.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and freshly minced garlic.
- Pour the dressing on a platter and place the eggplant slices on top to soak in the dressing. Turn after about a minute.
- Slice tomatoes and add to the platter. Place anchovies or tuna over the eggplant slices. Tear fresh mozzarella into pieces and arrange on top.
- Drizzle olive oil and a couple of drops of lemon juice or vinegar over and season with freshly ground black pepper and fresh mint.
Not into anchovies? Go ahead and make this salad with salami or pepperoni (or a combo) instead!