Grilled eggplant salad with mozzarella
- 2 lbs 900 g
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil, for brushing the eggplant
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml olive oil, for the dressing
- ½ ½ lemon, juicedlemons, juiced
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves (optional)
- 7 oz. (1 cup) 200 g (260 ml) tomatotomatoes
- 2 oz. 55 g anchovies (optional)
- 9 oz. (21⁄3 cups) 260 g (550 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, drained
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (23 g) fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and brush with olive oil on both sides. Season with salt.
- Grill for five minutes or more on each side until the slices have turned a nice color and are really soft.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and freshly minced garlic.
- Pour the dressing on a platter and place the eggplant slices on top to soak in the dressing. Turn after about a minute.
- Slice tomatoes and add to the platter. If you are a fan of anchovies, place them over the eggplant slices. Tear fresh mozzarella into pieces and arrange them on the top. Season with freshly ground black pepper and fresh mint before serving.