This light and flavorful soup is deliciousness defined. Fennel and saffron make the base for this scrumptious meal – and the aioli provides a kiss of creaminess. Hello, gorgeous!
- 1 1 yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1 fresh fennel bulb
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch saffron
- 2 cups 475 ml water
- 2 2 fish bouillon cubefish bouillon cubes
- 1¼ cups 300 ml sour cream
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- salt and pepper
- 8 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1½ lbs 700 g 1x1 inch pieces of salmon or white fish
- fresh parsley or fresh dill, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Fry onion, garlic, fennel and saffron on medium heat until the vegetables have softened a bit. Add the tomato paste.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves, add to the pot and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add water and crumbled bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sour cream and lime juice and bring to a boil. When the soup is hot again, carefully add the fish and let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Mix together mayonnaise, garlic and parsley to taste. Serve with the soup.
If you don’t want to make your own aioli, just use some non-flavored sour cream or herb butter. Sprinkle with extra parsley for an extra pop of color!