Keto zucchini salmon fritters
Ready to embrace the zucchini? Here is a recipe from award-winning Canadian journalist and author Anne Mullens for a favorite, quick keto lunchtime meal of salmon zucchini fritters. Pair these crunchy beauties with homemade tartar sauce and enjoy this delicious winning combo!
Zucchini salmon fritters
- 15 oz. 425 g tinned salmon, boneless fillet, liquid drainedtinned salmon, boneless fillets, liquid drained
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) medium zucchini, grated
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp white onion, finely choppedwhite onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
Homemade tartar sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh horseradish
- 1 1 dill pickle, choppeddill pickles, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp scallion, finely choppedscallions, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp fresh dill, minced (optional)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the zucchini fritters, except the butter.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until all ingredients, particularly salmon, are completely distributed. Break down any salmon lumps with a spoon. Set aside for a few minutes while you make tartar sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tartar sauce. Mix well.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Melt butter and with a wooden spoon drop clumps of fritter mixture 1/3 cup (0.75 dl) each into the pan.
- Press fritter lumps flat with the spoon. Pat together any fraying edges to make nice round fritters. Cook until golden on one side, then flip.
- When cooked, keep warming in a 400°F (200°C) oven while you cook the whole batter.
- Serve with tartar sauce and side salad or vegetable crudités.
This calls for fresh horseradish, not the sauce.
I'm sorry but I don't have the info for the different components.
Yes, this recipe was designed to make 4 servings and calls for 1 egg. While we do offer the option to scale recipes to make fewer or more servings, sometimes that does result in some unusual measurements!
Lovely recipe, best yet after Cheese n kale soup, and mushroom soup.
We have not tested freezing these, but it should work well. They would be fine in the fridge 3-5 days.
Thank you for sharing your feedback. That sounds like a tasty alternative!