Zucchini salad with eggs
BBQ or potluck, here we come! Zucchini stands in for potatoes in this low-carb and spiced-up makeover of the classic summer fave, potato salad. All of the creamy flavor, and (almost) none of the carbs!
- 1½ lbs 650 g zucchini
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 4 4 hardboiled egg, choppedhardboiled eggs, chopped
- ½ ½ green bell pepper, the seeds removedgreen bell peppers, the seeds removed
- 3 oz. 75 g celery stalk, thinly slicedcelery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. 75 g dill pickledill pickles
- 2 oz. 50 g finely chopped scallionfinely chopped scallions
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then cautiously press out the water.
- Fry the cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the other ingredients in a big bowl and add the zucchini once it's cool.
- Serve as a side dish at your next barbecue.
Not a fan of hardboiled eggs? Then try this egg-free version of our Zucchini salad.