- 1½ lbs 650 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 4 4 hardboiled egg, choppedhardboiled eggs, chopped
- ½ (2½ oz.) ½ (70 g) , the seeds removed, the seeds removed
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (200 ml) celery stalk, thinly slicedcelery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. 85 g dill pickledill pickles
- 2 oz. (9 tbsp) 55 g (130 ml) finely chopped finely chopped
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then gently press the zucchini to remove the water.
- Fry the zucchini cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all other ingredients in a big bowl and add the zucchini once it's cool.
- Serve as a side dish at your next barbecue.
Not a fan of hardboiled eggs? Then try this egg-free version of our Zucchini salad.
Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeño depending on how much spice you like.