Tender Brussels sprouts fried in butter and served with caramelized red onions is a wonderful side dish that brings both flavor and color to your holiday dinner table. Whether you're preparing turkey, ham or a roast for the holidays, this dish will complement it perfectly.
- 4¼ oz. 120 g butter
- 1 1 red onionred onions
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- salt and pepper
- Divide the onions into wedges and fry in butter on medium heat for 5–10 minuter.
- The onions should turn golden, but not burned. Add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat some and continue to sauté the onion while stirring. Place on a plate.
- Cut the Brussel sprouts in half, depending on their size. If they are small, you can fry them whole.
- Fry the Brussel sprouts in the same frying pan with more butter until they have turned a nice color and a little soft. Use a knife or a pin to check. They're best served "al dente".
- Salt and pepper. Add the onions and stir.