Brussels sprouts with caramelized red onions
Tender Brussels sprouts fried in butter and served with caramelized red onions is a wonderful side dish that brings both flavor and color to your holiday dinner table. Whether you're preparing turkey, ham or a roast for the holidays, this dish will complement it perfectly.
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onionred onions
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Divide the onions into wedges and fry in half of the butter on medium heat for 5–10 minuter.
- The onions should turn golden, but not burned. Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat some and continue to sauté the onion while stirring. Place on a plate.
- Rinse and trim the Brussel sprouts and cut them in half. If they are small, you can fry them whole.
- Fry the Brussel sprouts in the same frying pan with more butter until they have turned a nice color and a little soft. Use a knife or a pin to check. They're best served "al dente".
- Salt and pepper. Add the onions and stir.
Yes, there are about 8 net carbs (10 total carbs) per 100 grams of red onion.