Brussels sprouts with caramelized red onions
- 1 1 red onionred onions
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- Divide the onions into wedges and fry in half of the butter on medium heat for 5–10 minuter.
- The onions should turn golden, but not burned. Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat some and continue to sauté the onion while stirring. Place on a plate.
- Rinse and trim the Brussel sprouts and cut them in half. If they are small, you can fry them whole.
- Fry the Brussel sprouts in the same frying pan with more butter until they have turned a nice color and a little soft. Use a knife or a pin to check. They're best served "al dente".
- Salt and pepper. Add the onions and stir.