Light and fluffy. Creamy. Buttery. This true low-carb classic is smooth textured and delicious. Goes with just about everything, and tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. So bliss out!
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 3 oz. 75 g grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zest
- olive oil (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Boil the cauliflower in plenty of lightly salted water a couple of minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a somewhat firm texture. Discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add more olive oil or butter if you wish.
Though there are some colorful varieties of cauliflower available, stick to the white for the best mashing potential. If you don’t have fresh cauliflower, you can also use pre-packaged “riced” cauliflower.