Low carb cauliflower mash
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and boil for a couple of minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a somewhat firm texture. Strain the cauliflower in a colander, and discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor along with the Parmesan cheese and butter. Pulse until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. You can also use an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Though there are some colorful varieties of cauliflower available, stick to the white for the best mashing potential. If you don’t have fresh cauliflower, you can also use pre-packaged “riced” cauliflower. Sprinkle fresh parsley or chives on top before serving. Delish!