These peppers may be tiny, but their flavor is mighty! Bursting with creamy cheese, chorizo, savory herbs and a pop of chipotle. Mmmm. Delicious AND low carb. Dig into this dish as a side, appetizer, or snack... anytime.
- 8 oz. 225 g mini bell peppers, about 2 per serving
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g air-dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- ½ - 1 tablespoon ½ - 1 tablespoon mild chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or fresh cilantro
- 1 cup 240 ml shredded cheese
- Set the oven to 400°F (200°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- Chop the sausage and the herbs finely.
- Mix together cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the sausage and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- Add the batter to the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
You don’t have to bake these mini bell peppers—they are also amazing raw. Simply skip the shredded cheese topping and enjoy them right out of the fridge!