Baked mini bell peppers
These peppers may be tiny, but their flavor is mighty! Bursting with creamy cheese, chorizo, savory herbs and a pop of chipotle. Mmmm. Delicious AND low carb. Dig into this dish as a side, appetizer, or snack... anytime.
- 8 oz. 230 g mini bell peppers, about 2 per serving
- 1 oz. 28 g air-dried chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped or fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (240 ml) cream cheese
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp mild chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Set the oven to 325°F (160°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- Finely chop the chorizo and the herbs.
- Mix together the cream cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- Fill the bell peppers with the mixture and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
You don’t have to bake these mini bell peppers—they are also amazing raw. Simply skip the shredded cheese topping and enjoy them right out of the fridge! Feel free to use as the shredded cheese cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or Tex-Mex mix.
The possibilities are endless.
I freeze these unbaked, then portion package to pop in the oven as
I love these little peppers over jalapeno peppers, because they do not burn me during preparation.
I've tried all the tricks for jalapenos. They don't work.
We have several stuffed pepper recipes. If you have the link for the specific one you're asking about, I would be happy to investigate.
Thank you for your feedback, I'll make sure and share it with the recipe team.
I am glad that these were such a hit! Thank you for letting us know.