These peppers may be tiny, but their flavor is mighty! Bursting with creamy cheese, chorizo, savory herbs and a pop of chipotle. Mmmm. Delicious AND low carb. Dig into this dish as a side, appetizer, or snack... anytime.
- 8 oz. 225 g mini bell peppers, about 2 per serving
- 1 oz. 30 g air-dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese
- ½ - 1 tablespoon ½ - 1 tablespoon mild chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml shredded cheese
- Set the oven to 400°F (200°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- Chop the chorizo and the herbs finely.
- Mix together cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
You don’t have to bake these mini bell peppers—they are also amazing raw. Simply skip the shredded cheese topping and enjoy them right out of the fridge!