These peppers may be tiny, but their flavor is mighty! Bursting with creamy cheese, chorizo, savory herbs and a pop of chipotle. Mmmm. Delicious AND low carb. Dig into this dish as a side, appetizer, or snack... anytime.
- 8 oz. 225 g mini bell peppers, about 2 per serving
- 1 oz. 30 g air-dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese
- ½ - 1 tablespoon ½ - 1 tablespoon mild chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml shredded cheese
- Set the oven to 400°F (200°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- Chop the chorizo and the herbs finely.
- Mix together cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.