Baked mini bell peppers
- 8 oz. 225 g mini bell peppers, about 2 per serving
- 1 oz. 30 g air-dried chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped or fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp mild chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheese
- Set the oven to 325°F (200°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core.
- Finely chop the chorizo and the herbs.
- Mix together the cream cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth.
- Fill the bell peppers with the mixture and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
You don’t have to bake these mini bell peppers—they are also amazing raw. Simply skip the shredded cheese topping and enjoy them right out of the fridge!
Feel free to use as the shredded cheese cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or Tex-Mex mix.