Quick and easy capicola egg cups
Weekday mornings can be pretty hectic, so here's a delicious and healthy lifehack to save the day. Prepare these keto egg cups on Sunday night to have them ready for the busy week ahead. This will be your secret weapon for a foolproof breakfast!
- 3 oz. 85 g capicola or bacon, in slices
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a slice of capicola in each of the 6 greased wells, forming a bowl shape. If using cheese, sprinkle 2 tablespoons into each of the cups formed by the capicola.
- Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Serve hot, garnished with basil, if desired.
Recommended special equipment
About the recipe
This recipe is part of a collaboration with Suzanne Ryan and comes from her book "Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes". Copyright © 2017, Suzanne Ryan
Which question do you still want an answer for?
1. Tablespoons are not measurements - grams and ml are.
2. Include info of "What is a serving"? Some dishes like mummy dogs are 2x per serving while others are 0.5x.
3. Are optional ingredients counted in the Nutrition box or not?
It appears the tablespoon issue has been resolved. The servings are listed above the ingredients, and they can be adjusted to suit your needs. Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition information.