Quick and easy capicola egg cups
- 3 oz. 85 g capicola or bacon, in slices
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a slice of capicola in each of the 6 greased wells, forming a bowl shape. If using cheese, sprinkle 2 tablespoons into each of the cups formed by the capicola.
- Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Serve hot, garnished with basil, if desired.
Recommended special equipment
- Muffin pan
About the recipe
This recipe is part of a collaboration with Suzanne Ryan and comes from her book "Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes". Copyright © 2017, Suzanne Ryan