Three cheese keto frittata
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ghee or melted butter
- 8 8 eggeggs
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (9 oz.) 240 ml (250 g) ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. (6 tbsp) 55 g (85 ml) feta cheese
- ½ cup (½ oz.) 120 ml (15 g) fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 oz. 350 g bacon, fried and chopped into small bits
- salt or pepper, to taste
- Grease a 12" (30 cm) oven-safe frying pan with butter or ghee.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and place over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the eggs and add dollops of the ricotta and crumbled feta.
- Add the spinach and the bacon bits to the egg mixture and gently stir through.
- Pre-heat the top grill or broiler in your oven. When the edges of the frittata start to set on the stovetop, after approx. 10 minutes, place the pan under the broiler to finish the cooking process. Keep a close eye, this can go very quickly!
- The frittata is done when it is just cooked in the center and browned and golden on top. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Be careful with the amount of salt that you add as some feta cheese can be quite salty. Taste your feta first and add your salt accordingly.
Serve warm with extra crispy bacon and a green salad.
For an easy salad dressing, drizzle some hot bacon fat on the greens and toss with a splash of apple cider vinegar.