Keto mushroom omelet
Looking for a quick and easy way to start your day? This hearty omelet is super healthy, and just takes a few minutes to make! Fresh mushrooms make a delicious filling. Enjoy this keto meal anytime — breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 1 oz. 28 g butter, for frying
- 1 oz. (4 tbsp) 28 g (60 ml) cheddar cheese
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 4 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs with a fork until smooth and frothy.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan, stirring until tender, and then pour in the egg mixture, surrounding the veggies.
- When the omelet begins to cook and firm up but still has a little liquid egg on top, sprinkle cheese over the egg.
- Using a spatula, carefully ease the edges of the omelet away from the pan and then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet onto a plate.
Serve the omelet with a crunchy, green salad with vinaigrette dressing on the side. Yum!Photo: Sten Sture Skaldeman, The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Lose Weight and Feel Great
Or salmon with yoghurt, lemon grass and lemon juice sauce? Plus steam veg?
One serving is 2 g carbs (equal 2% of the total Energy)
Protein content is 23% of the total Energy
That means the protein content is 23% / 2% * 2g = 23 g protein per serving
How is the taste of mushrooms?
This being said, I continue to follow this diet with the amazing recipes from this site. But I'm a bit disappointed: Gordon Ramsey said first proof you know to cook is to show how to make a good omelet. The picture above was amazing, but the instructions were wrong.
Thanks in advance, Simone Schell
It means 4 gram carbs in one serving.
Most people on keto find they have the most success at about 5% carbs, 20-25% protein and 70-75% fats.
They will bring very different properties to the final omelet. You can definitely add bacon!
Different people lose weight at different rates but most people see results within the first week or two.
You can use fewer eggs if you don't want 3. Most of our recipes can easily be tailored to suit your needs.
Counting carbohydrates is the most important thing and for most is sufficient (20 net carbs a day for keto). Beyond that, you need to have adequate protein and eat fat for flavor and satiety.
There is no garlic in this recipe, but you can simply omit the onions if you like.