- 1 oz. 30 g butter, for the waffle iron
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 8 oz. 225 g (1 cup equals 4 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g) almond flour
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Place all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Lightly grease your waffle iron with butter and then evenly spoon the mixture over the bottom plate, spreading it out slightly to get an even result. Close the waffle iron and cook for approx 6 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
- Gently lift the lid when you think they’re done. If they are cooked, they will release easily.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated.
You can skip the almond flour if you want to but it makes the chaffles more "waffle like".
Good low-carb options include sugar-free whipped cream, nut butters, or fresh berries. To make the berries juicy like a sauce, heat them for a minute in the microwave, or warm them in a saucepan.