Keto avocado pie
- 2 2 ripe avocadoripe avocados
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup 120 ml cream cheese
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (150 g) shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix all the ingredients for the pie dough in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough forms a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands.
- Attach a piece of parchment paper to a springform pan, no larger than 12 inches (26 cm) diameter. The springform pan makes it easier to remove the pie when it’s done. Grease the pan and the paper.
- Spread dough into the pan. Use an oiled spatula or your fingers. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes.
- Split the avocado. Remove peel and pit, and dice. Remove the seeds from the chili and chop finely. Place the avocado and the chili in a bowl and mix with the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with a green salad.
Reap the benefits of leftovers! This pie is just as delicious the next day! It also stores well in the freezer. So, for a super-satisfying lunch, just toss a piece in your lunch bag. Or pack a few slices into your favorite basket and head out for a summer picnic. Or reheat a few pieces for an easy weeknight dinner. Just let those delicious leftovers work for you.