Keto avocado pie
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (¾ oz.) 60 ml (25 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocado, dicedavocados, diced
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix all the ingredients for the pie dough in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough forms a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands.
- Attach a piece of parchment paper to a springform pan, no larger than 12" (26 cm) diameter. The springform pan makes it easier to remove the pie when it’s done. Grease the pan and the paper.
- Spread dough into the pan. Use an oiled spatula or your fingers. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the chili and chop finely. Place the avocado and the chili in a bowl and mix with the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with a green salad.
Reap the benefits of leftovers! This pie is just as delicious the next day! It also stores well in the freezer. So, for a super-satisfying lunch, just toss a piece in your lunch bag. Or pack a few slices into your favorite basket and head out for a summer picnic. Or reheat a few pieces for an easy weeknight dinner. Just let those delicious leftovers work for you.
Recommended special equipment