Breakfast made easy. Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you’re all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go. Did we mention sausage (and cauliflower)?
- 7 oz. 200 g cauliflower
- 12 oz. 350 g italian sausage
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz. 150 g shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and trim the cauliflower and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add butter to a skillet and fry the cauliflower over medium-high heat until it begins to soften.
- Add sausage to the pan and use a spoon or spatula to break it up into crumbles. Keep frying until the sausage is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking dish and add the sausage mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the basil to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and add the basil on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and completely set in the middle. If the casserole is at risk of getting burned before it's cooked through, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
Try this dish with hot or mild Italian sausage. Or, mix it up with some of both! If your sausage comes in links, just cut away the casing and sauté the loose ground meat as described in the recipe.