Keto Italian breakfast casserole
- 7 oz. 200 g cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- 12 oz. 350 g fresh Italian sausage
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (1⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (11 g) fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (175°C). Grease an 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm) baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook until it begins to soften. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add sausage to the pan and use a spoon or spatula to break up into crumbles. Fry the sausage until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Move the sausage and the cauliflower to the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese until combined, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and sprinkle the basil on top. Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until golden brown, and completely set in the middle. If the casserole is at risk of getting burned before it’s cooked through, cover with aluminum foil.