Pork chops with green beans and garlic butter
Juicy pork chops. Crunchy green beans. Garlic butter. Now that's what we call a one-skillet wonder. And it's keto elegance at its finest.
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g pork choppork chops
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
- 1 lb 450 g fresh green beans
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix butter, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make a few small cuts in the fat surrounding the chops to help them stay flat when frying. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chops and fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove the chops from the pan and keep warm.
- Use the same skillet and add the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-high heat until the beans have a vibrant color and are slightly softened but still a bit crunchy.
- Serve the pork chops and beans together with a dollop of garlic butter melting on top.
Canned or frozen green beans may not be quite as crunchy but still taste great and deliver easy nutrients straight from your freezer or pantry.
Elizabeth, try to use pork fat when frying pork chops. It is delicious.
Have you read this?
You would want to use the saute feature as it's the sauteeing in butter that gives the nice crust.
It states 9oz because (I am assuming here) that you are planning on making the 1+1 servings? One serving for dinner and then the +1 for lunch the next day? I would double check that!
When I multiply it to 2 servings it rockets to 20oz
So plan on my typical 5-6 ounces?
Yes, I would!
I have asked the awesome recipes team to review the macro calculations for this recipe.
I'm glad you enjoyed this dish! Thank you for taking the time to let us know!
Thank you for your notes, it dounds delicious indeed!