Brussels sprouts and bacon in a creamy parmesan sauce
- 10 oz. 275 g bacon
- 1½ lbs 650 g Brussels sprouts
- 5 5 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml (150 g) shredded cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Fry until crispy in a hot frying pan. Remove fried bacon and place on a plate. Reserve the fat in the pan.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in halves or quarters depending on their size. Fry in the same frying pan for a few minutes together with the garlic until it gets a nice color.
- Add cream or crème fraîche and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for a few minutes. Add bacon and combine well.
- Pour everything in a baking dish and sprinkle grated cheese and parmesan on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has a nice golden color.
If you want to take this to the next level and get an even more filling meal, fry some eggs or serve with some grilled chicken. You can also make a simple tomato salad with vinaigrette and finely chopped onion.
If you don't like Brussels sprouts, you can use broccoli and cauliflower.
If you have some leftovers, you can keep it in the refrigerator or even freeze it to have a quick and delicious lunchbox ready any time.