Brussels sprouts and bacon in a creamy parmesan sauce
- 10 oz. 280 g bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1½ lbs 650 g Brussels sprouts, cut in halves or quarters
- 5 5 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup 60 ml Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the bacon until crispy in a hot frying pan. When done, remove and place on a plate. Reserve the fat in the pan.
- Fry the Brussels sprouts in the same frying pan for a few minutes together with the garlic until it gets a nice color.
- Add cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for a few minutes. Add bacon and combine well.
- Pour everything in a baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese and parmesan on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has a nice golden color.
If you want to take this to the next level and get an even more filling meal, fry some eggs or serve with some grilled chicken. You can also make a simple tomato salad with vinaigrette and finely chopped onion. If you don't like Brussels sprouts, you can use broccoli and cauliflower. If you have some leftovers, you can keep it in the refrigerator or even freeze it to have a quick and delicious lunchbox ready any time.