Keto cauliflower ‘potato’ salad
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup 120 ml water
- 5 oz. 140 g bacon
- 3 (4¼ oz.) 3 (120 g) celery stalkcelery stalks
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onionred onions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1½ cups 350 ml mayonnaise
- ¾ tbsp ¾ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tbsp ¾ tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill on low heat.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized chunks. Divide and place pieces on two separate sheets of aluminium foil in a flat layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lift foil edges so it slightly covers the cauliflower. Pour 1/4 cup of water onto each cauliflower package. Cover with another piece of foil and wrap properly, make sure the water doesn't escape. Grill for 15-20 minutes on the side, avoiding the hot center and leaving space for the bacon.
- Lay bacon slices in a grill pan with high ridges. Grill for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Flip them halfway through.
- Chop celery stalks into small pieces, finely dice the onion and chives.
- Remove bacon from the grill. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Remove cauliflower and carefully unwrap. Allow to cool completely. Once cooled, add cauliflower in a big bowl. Add bacon, celery, onions and chives. Save a few pieces for topping.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour over the cauliflower salad and toss to combine evenly. Top with bacon and chives.
No grill prep
You can also prepare the cauliflower on the stovetop. Steam or boil for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
For the bacon, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lay bacon in a single layer onto baking sheet and bake until crispy for about 10-15 minutes.
Matt and Megha's tips
This salad is best when totally cooled. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving for the ultimate experience.