- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp whole flaxseed
- 2½ tbsp 2½ tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese and seeds in a bowl.
- Spoon small mounds of the mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving some space between them. Do not flatten the mounds. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Check often. The chips should be light brown, but certainly not dark brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing the chips from the paper and serving.
This recipe makes about 16-20 chips. This means you will get around 8-10 pieces per serving.
Feel free to use any seed you like; try sesame, hemp and others.
Shred the cheese using a grater or a food processor for best results. Canned Parmesan and other pre-grated or pre-shredded varieties may contain anti-caking agents, which may not melt.