- 7 oz. 200 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets or fresh tuna filletfresh tuna fillets
- 5 5 nori sheetnori sheets
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1 limelimes
- Slice the fish into five long, thick strips.
- Brush the nori sheets with water. Lay them flat on your work surface and roll a fish strip in each of them. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Cut the rolls crosswise into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, olive oil and the sesame seeds.
- Serve the sashimi with the sauce and lime wedges.
Choose firm, thick, boneless fillets with the skin removed. I have a preference for salmon, albacore tuna, and sea bass. Cod works too, although it doesn’t have a lot of flavor. No matter which kind you select, just make sure it is very fresh. I always ask my fishmonger if the fish is sashimi quality.